Friday, July 20, 2007

Heading Back East

We had a good 18 hours in San Diego. Last night, Leah and I walked a couple of blocks from our hotel to grab a beer in Old Town. Afterwards, we ate at a great Italian restaurant. This morning, I took Leah to Mission Beach and La Jolla. The weather was cloudy and 70 degrees in contrast to the sunny beach weather that we experienced in L.A. on Thursday. On the way out of town, I drove Leah to La Jolla to see the seals. As you can tell from the slide show, we got a little carried away with seal photos. All of the images from this particular slide show were taken in La Jolla. After lunch and the cookie purchase, we drove a little over 400 miles to Tucson. The temperature was 72 degrees when we left San Diego at around 1:30 P.M. The car thermometer read 103 degrees in Yuma. We arrived in 98 degree Tucson shortly after sunset. Our plan is to drive about 500 miles to Fort Davis on Saturday where we will camp through Tuesday. Both Leah and I are looking forward to relaxing in the Davis Mountains and meeting up with Ben and Beverly in Alpine.

2 comments:

lwc said...

Seals are marvelous! I know you're anxious to get to Fort Davis Mountains; but, don't stop the photo shoot and commentary. I'm going to miss it. lwc

RED {Michelle} said...

Good morning from west Texas! I wish we could be meeting you in Ft.Davis/Alpine - I am in need of some soulful rejuvination. Please be sure to soak in eough Big Bend for the three of us.

Aren't the seals the most wonderful thing? Annie and I spent TWO hour there just sitting on the beach watching them!

Be safe and tell your Mom and Dad hello! I'm off to the big "D" today.

Love,
Michelle